Overnight Camping Information Regarding COVID-19
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
Clay’s Park Resort is open as of 7/1/2020 for primitive (dry) overnight camping accommodations. This comes as another camping option for our guests in addition to our cabin rentals and water/electric/sewage sites which opened on May 26. Your family’s safety remains a top priority, and we have implemented reduced capacity limits for standard (primitive/dry) campsite accommodations for the safety of our guests and staff. Because of this, you are HIGHLY encouraged to make reservations in advance before visiting our park to ensure we can accommodate your stay. Walk-up reservations are subject to availability on a first-come, first-serve basis 7 days a week between the hours of 11:30am and 7pm only. Camping reservations can be made online at www.clayspark.com or via telephone at 330-854-6691. Safety is our number one priority, and we look forward to accommodating your stay!
SEE PREVIOUS COVID-19 STATEMENTS BELOW
OVERNIGHT CAMPING–May 26, 2020
Clay’s Park Resort is open for overnight camping with limitations as of May 21, 2020. Your family’s safety remains a top priority. Toward that goal we have added new measures of sanitation and increased the frequency of standard cleaning procedures. These include strict routines for disinfecting all community areas including lodging facilities, restrooms, John O’s and our Camp Store. We ask that our guests use common sense and good hygiene practices while visiting our park and that all campers follow the CDC, federal, local, and state guidelines.
In compliance with the Ohio Governor’s current order, we have cancelled all close contact activities and some of our amenities will remain closed. Our team plans to reopen these amenities as soon as restrictions are lifted, and it is safe to do so. With over 500 acres, guests are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors by hiking, biking, and fishing while practicing social distancing.
To provide the safest possible camping experience for our campers and staff, we have implemented contactless, express check-in operations and made the following modifications to our operations:
- No group camping will be permitted
- Only one family may occupy each site/rental unit
- No visitors or guests will be permitted except guests that are pre-registered to the site by the primary camper and paid in full for the duration of the stay.
- Only pre-assigned campsites with hookups and rental units will be available for camping accommodations. Primitive (dry) camping will not be permitted, however, no restrictions will be in effect on camping units. Tents/Pop-Ups and other camping units that are not self-contained are welcome as long as situated on a pre-assigned campsite.
- Reservations are highly encouraged. Walk-up reservations are subject to availability on a first-come, first-serve basis 7 days a week between the hours of 11:30am and 7pm only.
- Any campers who may be sick or are showing symptoms will be asked to stay home.
- The primary camper for each site/rental unit will be required to sign a COVID-19 Transient Camping Agreement detailing new rules for camping during the pandemic.
Camping reservations can be made online at www.clayspark.com or via telephone at 330-854-6691. Safety is our number one priority, and we look forward to welcoming overnight campers to Ohio’s #1 Family Destination on May 21, 2020